Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Generosity

I think generosity is the heart of emotional flexibility. Physical flexibility improves the fluidity of my movement, allows me to flow more symbiotically with life’s currents, and helps fend off injuries related to brittleness. Generosity brings analogous qualities to my feelings, reactions, and moods.

A readiness to share what I have, whether material, relational, or spiritual, keeps my soul pliable and supple. It seems to increase my capacity to “roll with the punches”, and ease my tendency to jump to conclusions.

Kindness is among generosity’s most beautiful faces; softness to another soul. Sometimes it’s harder to share than cash! But its power to radiate blessing is remarkable – even small acts of kindness can emit wellbeing in all directions.


Copyright Scott Burnett 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to get caught up on your blogs. I needed a spiritual pick me up before I fly off to southern parts. Scott I loved the beauty of the words in this one particularly. It made me smile. Keep writing, it is truly one of your generous gifts.KRG

Scott said...

I appreciate your encouragement, KRG.