Wednesday, August 09, 2006

trust

It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.
Confucius

This is as deep a truth as there is. To be deceived is among the worst of human experiences; but distrust withers friendship, and we need friendship in order to become fully human.

Friendship brings longevity and joy to our loves: marriage blooms in it. In friendship, family connectedness can thrive without throttling.

Friendship freely says, "I'd rather risk being a fool than hoard my heart behind fortress walls."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you”
Friedrich Nietzsche

Lora said...

beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your friendship SB, our lives have definitely been richer since you have been our friend. We must get together soon, it's been long talked about and it needs to be accomplished. KRG

Scott said...

I've been having the same thoughts.